A large payment processor
A large payment processor had over the years acquired a reputation for industry-leading data security standards. When the company started to invest into building a Hadoop based data platform to further improve its payment analytics capabilities, it realized that “big-data” posed new challenges and provided new opportunities for securing data and intellectual property.
The payment processor selected Cognilytics to assess the situation and develop a roadmap to expand the company’s industry-leading data security standards into the new big-data environment.
Cognilytics assessed the situation from a people, process, and technology perspective and conducted a series of interviews with key stakeholders from legal council to data-driven users to identify gaps and opportunities to build new security capabilities.
Cognilytics big data expertise helped the company:
- Articulate a data security vision
- Provide industry best practice benchmarking and cost-benefit analyses
- Recommend on “build, buy, or alley” options to extend security capabilities into the Hadoop environment.
- Roadmap with detailed steps to move the company toward the desired data security vision
- Centralization of systems and application logs for analysis and data mining/statistical modeling to baseline usage patterns and identify suspicious activities for escalation.
- Longer-term benefits extended to a clearly documented and company-wide supported roadmap toward the security vision which addressed people, process, and technology aspects of the security vision.