Leading Mortgage Lending Company
A leading mortgage lending company had a limited view of holistic data for users. Issue included:
- Limited data lineage leading to inability to validate information produced in its compliance and regulatory reports
- Multiple versions of the truth, making it difficult to demonstrate regulatory compliance.
- High Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Documented a list of candidate technologies to be evaluated including the current in-house technologies like Oracle DB, Netezza and Informatica and other potential technologies like SAP HANA, Hadoop, SAP Data Services.
- Identified the business and technical evaluation criteria.
- Provided industry trends and best practices for Finance related data and reporting architecture
- Researched and evaluated candidate technologies based on the business and technical evaluation criteria keeping in consideration the industry trends and best practices
- Developed a vendor evaluation scorecard
- Identified the cost and timeline considerations
- Developed a high level implementation roadmap for the target state architecture
- Evaluated existing in-house technologies along with other potential technologies like SAP HANA, Hadoop, SAP Data Service
- Developed a target state architecture for the Finance Data Management and BI initiative