This manufactuer encountered laborious manual operation across multiple plants, with no single source of truth. There were significant performance issues and frequent break downs. The client faced the inability to execute operational reports in SAP, and there were issues in the accuracy and integrity of data and analytical system for business users.
Their challenge was in tracking high priority business imperatives across the lines of business; being global meant they needed to have a flexible and mobile delivery model.
- Analyzed the existing system and created a roadmap for new implementations and enhancements
- Defined technical strategy and integration of various SAP and non-SAP systems across various lines of business – HR, Finance, Manufacturing, SHE, Commercial, SCM, procurement
- Prioritized phase I and phase II of scope categories pertenant to top management dashboard KPI’s & operational reports
- Implemented SAP HANA enterprise solution consisting of following components: SAP HANA Enterprise supporting DataMart and BW (SAP HANA 1.0 SP6, SLT, BW 7.4, BODS 4.2) and BOBJ reporting tools
- Strategy: Decided on the technical strategy, roadmap and integration approach, whilst prioritizing phase I and phase II scope and implementation approach
- Enterprise Data Warehouse: Designed EDW based on SAP HANA enterprise solution to support SAP HANA datamart and SAP BW requirements. Data from multiple non-SAP source systems was staged in SAP HANA and data from SAP ECC was staged using SAP BW. The data sets were then consolidated and transformed for the reporting requirements, and SAP HANA and Analysis Authorizations within SAP BW were used to secure the access to data.
- ETL: SLT, SAP BODS 4.2.
- Reporting: Utilized SAP BOBJ 4.1 as the reporting layer, Dashboard 4.1 Management KPI, operational reporting conducted through WebI and Explorer, reports were accessed via both Web using BI LaunchPad and mobile devices using SAP BusinessObjects mobile application.